Thursday, January 3, 2008

School of Life

Few weeks before I finish my degree. Took me ages to get it. Although it may not be my dream degree, and I'm not going into the details of that, it has been long waited and I'm sure glad that I'm almost there.
It's interesting how a piece of paper can transfer someone from almost nobody to something. That piece of paper is nothing in its self but it implies that a person has had a certain experience in a certain field and this is were its value come from.
What's more interesting is where I believe I gained more knowledge and experience during the last few years. It certainly was not sitting in lecture theaters or digging into book in depressing medical library, but rather in the school of life. The type of people one associates with and the variety of situations one have to deal with. Not having daddy around has had a big role.
I wonder if one can get a piece of paper that says that their qualified in life one day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations. Have you been studying to be a doctor?

Eileen
Dedicated Elementary Teacher Overseas (in the Middle East)
elementaryteacher.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Totally agree. University is a chrysalis. It's where I became a woman and learned to fly...

regards The_Blackswan