Sunday, July 29, 2007

Stop Signs & Police

Yesterday after a really great day up Mount Hutt Ski field snowboarding. I got a ticket of $150 for "failing to stop at a STOP sign". Ok I admit I didn't stop I slowed down at the intersection and I was able to see about 500m of the road so I kept going. It was a completely Natural reaction to seeing an empty country road as it was Safe to drive by my judgement which I believe is at the level of any safety freak driver who has been driving for almost 8 years now with a total of 130'000Km driven. The annoying thing was when I asked the Police officer whither I could get away with a warning since it was my first time doing it, he replied with a disgusted tone "when people stop being killed at STOP signs you would get a warning"! WT**** I mean a simple nice "Sorry sir, I'm afraid not" would have been more appropriate ! At that moment I felt like saying "So does feel Speaking to drivers like that?" but I kept quiet. I don't know why, but I guess the fact that I'm an arab living an a western country on a visa in the world these days make you shut up and stay away from arguing with any authorities.

No comments: