Sunday, January 7, 2007

Arabic, English Or Aringlish

Welcome again,

blog is only 2 days old now, sent the link to a few friends to get a feel of what people think of it. Sounds encouraging so far. I did recieve some feedback about why I am writing this blog in english. Why not arabic? they say. Well to tell the truth it took me a while to decide what to write it in. Arabic is good because it will give me more readers who are interested in what I'm saying about arabia but at the same time my arabic writing skills went down the drain ever since I graduated from highschool. Not that I was tought much about how to write the writing class was repetitive every year with the same topics. Never got anything out of it except for headaches and meaningless assignments. I wonder if they improved them in the last 6 years. Wonder if my younger cousin would be a better writer than I am in arabic.
So to cut the story short English is where I can express my self better at this stage in life. Even when I'm home I still use Aringlish, the famous arabic and english cocktail commenly used by Aramco's elderly. Used to make fun of Dad when he used it with his friends. Well guess who would be laughing now!
So Aringlish is going to be the language ... Mainly English but i might have a few arabic words, phrases of expressions from arabic, simply because some times it just sounds better.

Sulaiman

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Alsalamu alaikum يا اخي العزيز
Long time no see bro, I'm very with your blog, I can catch up with you now easier than with bloody phone.

miss the good times in Dunners, take chair bro, keep in touch.

PS love what you have so far.

wassalam

Nasser Alkhateeb